Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mojo Rosa's Lays an Egg.

Look. If you're a Mexican restaurant you should keep a couple frozen Habaneros on hand for the occasional customer like me, who needs it baby, and needs it real bad.

So scouring the menu I come across a dish who's description makes reference to the fabled Habanero pepper. I can't remember the name of the dish but obviously I ordered it. (having first consulted with the server to establish that this truly was the spiciest dish on their menu).

Well it was heat on a low, low scale. Look, I don't expect that most people want to suffer to the extent that I do. Jeese, my whole life has been geared toward suffering, on a grand scale. But don't tease me with the 'H' word then serve me up a wet lettuce.
Barrumph (composes himself). So we move to plan B which is to explore the bottled sauces. I don't remember the specifics, but there really wasn't anything HOT, per se....just the usual 'Tabasco' crap with a different label.

All in all a weak Tex-Mex joint with high prices and low appeal.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the high prices. $16 for a tex-mex plate, you have to be kidding me. Average too.

    But I guess us tourists will pay anything to soak up the charm of Door County.

    Marje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where else is there to eat good Mexican in Door County?

    Marje

    ReplyDelete