Monday, July 18, 2011

Hellacious Hot Sauce - Review

This isn't a full review in the usual format since I'm pushed for time right now. But the sauce has been sitting on my desk unopened for about a week and I finally gave it a whirl about 15 minutes ago.....and my mouth is still burning!!

This is a really good blend of chipotle and habanero mash. I'm not always a fan of chipotle if there's too much smokiness, but this stuff hits it bang on the nail for my tastes.
The aroma of this is just wild, maybe the best to hit my nose in a long while. It screams out all kinds of different notes, the vinegar is there, but not too overpowering, the chipotle comes next, then the sweetness of the habs, a little garlic and so on. It's a beautiful thing.

I took a dab on my finger to check that it wasn't too hot, then when nothing extreme seemed to happen I slathered it liberally over a large piece of grilled chicken, and began to chow down. Yeah this isn't the usual carefully executed review, but I just couldn't stand it any longer I had to have some, then I had to get this post written, pronto!

 The heat didn't hit for about 30-45 seconds, but wow....what a nice build up and a really nice level of heat!!....it just creeps in there and takes you by surprise. Yeah it's hot. I've been working on a Bhut Jolokia sauce from Heartbreaking Dawns that has less heat than this bad boy.

The flavor, aroma, consistency are all top notch for my particular taste buds. It pours well, tastes great and packs the heat. The color is an intense chocolate brown, deep and thick, just yelling out "Chipotle", but not overwhelming you with chipotle flavor. Intense stuff.

I love the label too. Damn this is a good hot sauce.
Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment